Protect — Key Benefits, Ingredients, & Other Info
Protect is an innovative blend of plant extracts designed to boost the body’s natural defences. Brassica Oleracea and Nigella Sativa work together to heal and protect the gut, support detoxification, and combat inflammation.
- Reduces gut inflammation
- Protects gut lining
- Defends against Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection
- Improves symptoms of acid reflux
- Promotes detoxification
- Decreases oxidative stress
- Reduces inflammation
Serving Size & Other Info
Servings per Box: 15 x 5g sachets
Net weight per Box: 75g
Directions for use:
Take one sachet daily. Mix one sachet with 100ml of cold water, stir well and consume. Do not use hot water.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dry place.
✔️ HACCP Food Safety Certified
✔️ GMP Certified
✔️ Halal Certified
✔️ Kosher Certified
✔️ Organic Plant-based
✔️ No Artificial Preservatives
✔️ No Artificial Additives
✔️ No Artificial Colours
✔️ No Artificial Sweeteners
Broccoli Sprout Extract
Broccoli sprouts are the richest food source of sulforaphane — a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. This highly effective compound is widely studied for its ability to promote detoxification, reduce oxidative stress, and eliminate gut-damaging bacteria.
Protects the Gut
Infection with H. pylori is extremely common, estimated to affect more than half the global population. Common symptoms include: heartburn, indigestion, bloating, stomach pain, loss of appetite, and fatigue. If left untreated, infection can progress to ulcers and increase the risk of stomach cancer.
Sulforaphane boosts antibacterial activity. Several studies suggest that sulforaphane can help protect gut health by eliminating H. pylori and reducing gut inflammation.
Click to Expand
- In a preliminary study, sulforaphane was found to inhibit H. pylori infections in human cell cultures.
- In an animal study, consuming broccoli sprouts protected gut health in multiple ways. This included reducing gut inflammation, reducing H. pylori colonization, and protecting gut lining. The researchers concluded that “sulforaphane has promise both as an antibacterial agent directed against H. pylori and as a dietary preventive agent against the development of human gastric cancer.”
- Infection by H. pylori can lead to overproduction of nitric oxide, which increases the risk of stomach cancer. In a study of 86 patients infected by H. pylori, taking sulforaphane led to a significant decrease in excessive nitric oxide levels.
- H. pylori was completely eradicated in 72.7% of sulforaphane-treated subjects in an in vivo (live subjects) study.
Sulforaphane promotes the production of phase II detoxification enzymes. These enzymes help remove harmful substances that we are exposed to on a daily basis.
Compared to mature broccoli, its young sprouts contain 10-100 times higher levels of glucoraphanin, which is converted to sulforaphane. Sulforaphane supports the body’s defence system: it promotes detoxification, reduces oxidative stress, and prevents cell damage. Preliminary studies suggest that sulforaphane may help protect against cancer by inhibiting pro-carcinogens and activating the death of cancer cells.
Click to Expand
- Multiple human studies suggest that sulforaphane promotes the production of phase II detoxification enzymes. Research indicates that promoting phase II detoxification may be an effective strategy for cancer prevention.
- In a gold standard study with 63 adults, broccoli sprout supplements resulted in significantly reduced markers of oxidative stress.In a preliminary animal study, sulforaphane was linked to stopping the development of cancerous lung tumours.
- In further preliminary studies, sulforaphane treatment led to decreased number and size of mammary (breast) tumours.
Also known as Black Cumin and used in traditional medicine in Europe, Arabia, and India
Several studies show that Nigella sativa may help protect gut lining, eradicate H. pylori, reduce symptoms of acid reflux, and promote ulcer healing.
Click to Expand
- In an animal study, Nigella sativa and its major compound (thymoquinone) were shown to protect gut lining, increase gut antioxidant activity, and promote ulcer healing.
- In a study with 88 adults with H. pylori infection and symptoms of indigestion, Nigella sativa was found to be effective in eradicating H. pylori when taken with a proton pump inhibitor.
- Thymoquinone (TQ), the main component of Nigella sativa, was found to be as effective as a proton pump inhibitor in reducing symptoms of acid reflux in a 2012 animal study.
- The results of an animal study provide support for the gastroprotective effects of Nigella sativa. In this study, Nigella sativa helped prevent gastric ulcers from forming, reduce ulcer severity, and restore gut mucosa.
Chronic inflammation increases the risk of several diseases, including: diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, allergies, and cancer.
Chronic inflammation is all too common in today’s world, especially in people living a modern, western lifestyle. Taking Protect daily can help guard against chronic diseases and common symptoms of chronic inflammation which include: weight gain, fatigue, insomnia, pain, indigestion, depression, and anxiety.
Click to Expand
- After taking Nigella sativa, participants in this gold standard study (Randomised Controlled Trial or RCT) had lower levels of C-reactive protein, a key marker of inflammation. Participants, who all had rheumatoid arthritis, also experienced improvements in the number of swollen joints.
- In a 2011 study, 40 females with rheumatoid arthritis were first given placebo capsules for a month, then Nigella sativa capsules for a month. After consuming Nigella sativa, symptoms of inflammation significantly decreased. Specifically, the number of swollen joints and duration of morning stiffness improved.
- Several animal studies show that administration of Nigella sativa results in decreased markers of inflammation and increased levels of antioxidant activity.